Reading Cityboy – a very amusing new book detailing a City analyst’s experiences – it struck me that the willingness of compliance departments to overlook dodgy trades for the promise of large returns is something that has been pretty much an accepted fact for a long time in the city. Countless recent regulations have no doubt reduced this widespread practice, and the SG rogue trader event will also have contributed to tighter compliance controls, but the fact remains that compliance managers
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?