“The group will be responsible for both equity and debt derivatives products marketing,” Merrill Lynch said in an internal note dated February 13.
The bank has also promoted Kenneth Poon as head of equity capital markets (ECM) for Asia. Based in Hong Kong, Poon will report to Angus Macpherson, head of Asia capital markets and financing.
Poon will oversee activities across ECM products, including equity derivatives. He has worked for Merrill Lynch for six years.
The changes follow a major organisational reshuffle at Merrill Lynch, instigated at its New York head office last September. The US investment bank created a new capital markets and financing group that embraces debt capital markets, equity capital markets and corporate finance.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?