SG Private Banking has agreed to buy 100% of Canadian Wealth Management (CWM Group). The acquisition, subject to regulatory approval, is expected to be finalised in January 2008.
CWM Group was established in Calgary and manages around C$650 million (US$658.2 million).
"Its wealth-management business will benefit from SG Private Banking's international expertise, particularly in structured products and alternative investments," says SG in a statement released last month.
The acquisition reflects SG
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines