"Entering the international coal market is an essential part of VTB Capital's global commodities business development," said Sergey Timokhovitch, global head of commodities at VTB Capital, in a statement.
Moscow-headquartered VTB Capital also operates in London and Singapore. Earlier this year it announced plans to expand in commodities markets, and is looking to hire up to 15 more staff to take advantage of increased need for commodity risk management services in the current bearish market
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines