RWE Trading has sold its Rotterdam-based coal trading subsidiary SSM Coal, but insists that it remains committed to coal trading. RWE's global commodity trading platform will now handle the German utility's coal procurement, trading and marketing activities.
"It's not a goodbye to the coal market," an RWE spokesman told Energy Risk, "it's a purely strategic decision."
SSM Coal's management has bought the subsidiary with a view to expanding its product range. SSM Coal will continue to be an
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?