Icap plans to hire the Sydney-based interest rate-derivatives team at Prebon Group, a rival inter-dealer broker that was bought by Collins Stewart Tullett in October 2004.
The London-based financial services group had decided not to merge the two legacy trading teams. Details of the deal had not been released by mid-September.
The move is the latest development in Icap's efforts to rebuild its Australian operation after BGC Partners – the voice-brokerage unit of New York-based Cantor
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants