Barclays already has a separate commodities unit, but Diamond said this has traditionally concentrated on physical trading, rather than integrating corporate lending and derivatives services.
“We plan to be a leading [commodities] firm in Europe and the UK,” said Diamond.
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules