Murex is making its flagship trading and risk system, MX.3, available via Amazon’s cloud platform, in a bid to cut costs for its users.
The move is significant because few large-scale risk systems have made the leap to the cloud so far. Analysts cite twin obstacles – making complex software available in this way involves a lot of re-engineering if users are to benefit from the scalable processing power that is cloud’s key selling point, while vendors have been loath to undertake this work if
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?