As co-head of fixed income, commodities and currencies at Deutsche Bank, Zar Amrolia helped turn a sleeping giant into a flow monster, only to quit the bank last year for XTX Markets, a non-bank electronic market-maker in London. As co-chief executive of XTX, Amrolia has his sights set on transforming the entire industry.
"There's an opportunity to reinvent the banking model from outside banking by partnering with banks," says Amrolia. "That's why I'm here."
Amrolia believes firms like XTX are
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules