TD Bank closes on TLAC target

Lender sold four bail-in bonds last quarter, boosting its TLAC ratio to 18.9%

A series of bail-in bond issuances helped TD Bank shrink the gap between its current and target total loss-absorbing capacity (TLAC) ratios over the three months to end-July. 

The Canadian bank reported TLAC-eligible debt and capital of C$86 billion ($64.7 billion), up 10% on end-April and 22% on end-January. Total capital made up 85.3% of this total, and external TLAC debt the remaining 14.7%.

The firm issued four TLAC-eligible notes in Q3: one Canadian dollar bond of C$1.75 billion, one US

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to View our subscription options

Most read articles loading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here