Large European banks’ systemic risk scores are heavily influenced by their cross-border activities, much more so than their US peers.
European Union and Swiss firms are ranked on their systemic risk using the Basel Committee’s Method 1 scoring framework, which comprises five indicator categories. The cross-jurisdictional activity category accounted for 30.8% of these banks’ total scores on average in the most recent G-Sib assessment.
In contrast, complexity accounted for 19.8% on average,
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC