Wells Fargo crushed risk-weighted assets in the third quarter, shaving billions off its end-June total as the bank continues to navigate the asset cap imposed by the Federal Reserve.
End-September RWAs were $1.25 trillion, down 2% from $1.28 trillion the previous quarter. The reduction in RWAs outpaced the cut in total average assets, which fell just $8.6 billion (0.5%) to $1.88 trillion.
The RWA decrease largely offset the dampening effect on the bank’s core solvency ratio caused by a drop
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC