Federal Reserve stress test debutantes Barclays US and Credit Suisse USA were worse at modelling their performance than veterans of the process.
Credit Suisse USA overshot the Fed’s estimates of its stressed common equity Tier 1 (CET1) capital ratio in the 2018 test cycle by 460 basis points, and Barclays US by 290bp – the biggest differences out of the 18 participating ‘advanced approaches’ banks. Deutsche Bank USA, the third newcomer this year, bucked the trend by estimating a CET1 ratio of
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- First SOFR term rate coming in 2020
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules