European banks followed their US peers in adopting a settled-to-market (STM) model for cleared derivatives in 2017, although they have been less forthcoming in disclosing the exposure-reducing effects of the switch.
Risk Quantum analysis shows significant reductions in gross derivatives values reported by several European banks at end-2017, although the proportion attributable to STM, rather than other measures, was harder to determine at some firms than others.
Swiss lender UBS reported a cut
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules