Operational risk-weighted assets shrank as a percentage of total RWAs across the eight US global systemically important banks (G-Sibs) in the first quarter of the year, after a number of firms posted multi-billion dollar reductions in their op risk requirements.
Aggregate operational RWAs, as calculated under the Basel advanced approaches, made up 28.6% of total RWAs across the banks at the end of March, down from 29% three months earlier, and 28.7% at the end of 2016.
The last quarter
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines