Clearing houses received over 50% of initial margin from their five largest members on average in the final quarter of 2017.
The analysis of 10 central counterparties (CCPs) by Risk Quantum shows a wide dispersion in initial margin concentrations. LCH SA’s GC Plus service, a clearing service for the tri-party repo market, has 10 clearing members, with the largest five accounting for 100% of initial margin. The credit default swap clearing service at Japan Securities Clearing Corporation (JSCC),
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants