Hong Kong-based insurance group AIA reported strong solvency ratios following healthy growth in retained earnings and positive market movements. The solvency ratios for AIA Co and AIA International, the group’s two principal operating subsidiaries, stood at 443% and 322%, respectively, as of November 30, 2017 – an increase of 3,900 basis points and 2,100bp on 2016.
This represents the highest AIA Co ratio since the group started reporting the measures. The Hong Kong Insurance Authority requires
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Brexit threatens to reopen Asian bail-in clauses for EU banks
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia