Energy giant Shell incurred net losses of $1.32 billion on derivatives in 2017, excluding contracts designated as hedges.
Total charges in the income statement attributable to derivatives totaled $335 million across all business segments. The Integrated Gas segment, which covers natural gas exploration and extraction, incurred the bulk of the charge, at $445 million. The Upstream business, responsible for the extraction, marketing, and transportation of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia