This article is the first in a series focusing on proposed reforms of the operational risk capital framework; the second can be found here.
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision’s proposed standardised measurement approach (SMA) to calculating operational risk capital requirements has faced a storm of criticism from practitioners, who have decried it as a “messy compromise” that is “not fit for purpose”.
Even regulators appear to be having second thoughts about the package, which would
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay