Stress testing is forcing banks to drill deeper into the cyclical nature of operational risks and not simply treat them as one-off events, according to banking experts on a panel at OpRisk North America.
The exercise has seen op risk experts working more closely with first-line business managers in order to gain greater insight into the root causes of operational risks.
“Where the payback will be greatest is to close the feedback loop between OR practitioners and the businesses as well as the
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?