Faulty securitisations sold before the global financial crisis returned to sting a number of lenders in March following the resolution of a long-running class action lawsuit, while state regulators continued to mete out fines for more recent infractions.
Last month, Wells Fargo Advisors, Deutsche Bank Securities and RBS Greenwich Capital – now known as RBS Securities – reached a settlement with investors that purchased six residential mortgage-backed securities from NovaStar Mortgage Funding
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC