Scroll down for full table
The rash of high-profile settlements with US authorities that dominated 2016's largest operational risk losses show an industry in the final throes of settling claims for crisis-era mis-selling that have dogged it for many years – and which, dealers hope, represent a chance to put the past behind them, as a regime change beckons.
All but two of the losses involved settlements with various branches of the US government, with the familiar spectre of residential mortgage
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC