The hacking of financial newswires for sensitive unreleased news puts the spotlight once again on cybersecurity and third-party risk as key operational risk areas, experts tell Risk.net.
It also marks another stage in the continuing debate between law enforcement authorities, regulators and courts over what constitutes insider trading.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has charged 32 defendants – 17 people and 15 companies – in the US, Russia and Ukraine with hacking into the
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC