No regulation, no policy can survive long against people determined to circumvent it. This doesn't make it any less important to put the right policies and regulations in place, but it does mean that they can't be the sole solution. Across the financial industry, attention is now turning to conduct risk as the priority for operational risk management and regulatory focus (it was the subject of much discussion at the OpRisk Europe conference in June as well).
It's good that the spotlight is on co
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data