The largest single economic uncertainty facing the world – and, not coincidentally, one of the largest potential sources of operational risk – remains, as it was a year ago, the eurozone debt crisis. The November agreement on aid to Greece and the €37 billion deal to restructure Spain’s debt-laden banking sector are signs of hope, but the crisis is far from over and a break-up of the eurozone has still not been definitively averted.
Meanwhile, in the US, a self-inflicted crisis of almost equal m
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data