The global financial crisis and the Bernie Madoff scandal have buried the stereotypical image of a start-up hedge fund as one guy in a back room. Even if that manager is particularly prestigious, investors remain much more cautious about where they put their money.
“There has been tremendous change over the past few years, and with the market collapsing and a significant amount of capital disappearing, the natural rules of supply and demand have really put the investor in the driver’s seat, wher
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data