BEIJING - The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) has become the first Chinese bank to work towards implementing an advanced measurement approach (AMA) for operational risk under Basel II. It is the only Chinese bank that the Chinese Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) has allowed to begin an AMA programme.
The programme will be used as a test run for the AMA Basel II programme in China and, if it is successful, others, probably the big four China banks, will follow suit. The China
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing