The funding plans of some European banks face a “reality check” following the withdrawal of extraordinary monetary stimulus by the continent’s central banks, a senior executive at the European Banking Authority has warned.
Speaking at Risk.net’s Liquidity & Funding Risk Europe conference on September 25, Adam Farkas, EBA executive director, warned that the unwinding of quantitative easing (QE) measures by central banks could have harsh consequences for lenders that currently meet a large
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- Buy-side quant of the year: Gordon Ritter
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more