A new survey has revealed widespread failings in the way banks approach risk culture, despite general agreement that a firm’s culture is a crucial part of risk management.
In the survey of more than 130 risk managers by Risk.net and advisory firm Catalyst, 87% of respondents say risk culture is key to the understanding of risk. Yet only 57% say it is well defined at their employer, and even smaller percentages say it is well understood (45%), well measured (27%) and well recognised and rewarded
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC