The US Treasury’s Office of Financial Research is re-engineering the models it uses for monitoring systemic risk to better pinpoint sources of vulnerability and stress in the financial system.
Two new measures – the Financial System Vulnerabilities Monitor (FSVM) and Financial Stress Index (FSI) – will replace the Financial Stability Monitor, which has informed the OFR’s systemic risk assessments since 2014.
The Financial Stability Monitor made no attempt to separate vulnerability and stress,
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing