Banks and other financial firms are finding it increasingly difficult to attract and retain talented risk managers, which poses a challenge as they try to bolster risk management teams to cope with new regulation.
“The demand for a very specific skill-set is increasing,” says one London-based bank risk manager. “Firms are looking for people who can really bring experience, who’ve been through the cycles, who have learnt the lessons from building frameworks in the past and are able to challenge
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC