New European guidelines to help insurers prepare for Solvency II will not be ‘gold plated' by the UK Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) regulator and should not place an additional burden on many firms, a senior official from the PRA has said.
Speaking as the PRA set out how it would apply the preparatory measures from January 1, 2014, Julian Adams, deputy head of the authority, said insurers would not be required to go beyond the guidelines set out by the European Insurance and Occupational
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data