The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (Eiopa) has reversed its position on the calculation of the Solvency II risk margin for matching adjustment portfolios, ending months of uncertainty about the amount of capital benefit the adjustment would bring for insurers.
In a consultation paper published on December 2, the authority recommends that insurers do not factor in market risk in the projected solvency capital requirement (SCR) calculation used to define the risk margin for
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay