European policymakers may go to the wire on a decision over whether to introduce the trading obligation for derivatives in time for a January 3, 2018 deadline, prompting calls from market participants for the European Union to focus on clear rules rather than hasty implementation.
“The point at which the legislative process will be finished and the trading obligation can take effect remains pretty uncertain, and doesn’t look as though it will happen terribly quickly,” said Stephen Hanks, a UK F
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data