Controversial cross-border guidance issued by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in July was not an attempt to avoid checks on the agency's power – as a lawsuit filed last week by three industry associations claims – according to a former CFTC staffer, who worked on the text.
In the suit, filed in the US District Court for the District of Columbia by the Institute of International Bankers (IIB), the International Swaps and Derivatives Association and the Securities Industry and Fina
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules