- Stefan De Lombaert, Director, Industry consulting, risk research and quantitative solutions, SAS Institute
- Edward Nosenzo, Chief financial officer, Gen Re
- Oscar Kitasoboka, Chief actuary, Legal & General
- Moderator: Aaron Woolner, Contributing editor, Risk.net
The implementation of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) 17 – the global standard that will replace IFRS 4 – represents the biggest change to the insurance industry for more than a decade. Although the deadline has been extended to January 2022, meeting the new standard will be a significant challenge for many firms.
This webinar offers a critical understanding of the challenges facing organisations and how they can best adapt to massive increases in data volumes, perform accurate calculations, and generate fast, effective reports.
Key topics discussed include:
- The main challenges of IFRS 17 implementation and how processes are being adapted accordingly
- Setting up reliable internal audit and control processes to achieve greater transparency and comparability
- How technological solutions can aid firms looking to change the way they measure financial performance
- Achieving closer co-operation and collaboration across business units.