The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) has called for regulatory boundaries to be “redrawn”, now that crypto assets have become a mainstream feature of the world economy.
In an early release chapter of its annual report, the bank for central banks analyses the role played by crypto assets in today’s economy and considers whether such instruments have the power to displace traditional forms of money.
“[Crypto assets] garner attention because they promise to replace trust in long-standing
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?