So far, those behind the standard initial margin model (Simm) have plenty to be proud of. There were certainly jitters in the weeks and days preceding the launch of initial margin rules for non-cleared derivatives in the US, Canada and Japan on September 1, but the Simm's performance in the past three months with the 21 banks caught in the first phase of the rules has gone relatively smoothly.
To its supporters, the model designed by a forum organised by the International Swaps and Derivatives
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?