The current turmoil in global markets will have elicited a range of responses from different hedge fund managers. Some will be clapping their hands - volatility can be the lifeblood of some hedge funds, after all. Others will be staring at their screens in horror.
What is certain, is that no hedge fund can ignore the market rollercoaster that first affected credit market before spilling over into equities. With some high profile banks - Bear Stearns, Goldman Sachs and BNP Paribas among them -
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data