The decision by the US House of Representatives in December to exempt foreign exchange swaps and forwards from mandatory clearing requirements seems sensible, says Judd Gregg, a member of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban affairs.
In an exclusive interview with Risk, Gregg, who is co-heading the drafting effort for the derivatives segment of the Senate Banking Committee's financial reform bill, due to be introduced in the next two months, said: "We haven't reached agreement yet
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules