Timetable chaos

Basel II


The decision by US regulators last September to delay the implementation of Basel II by a year has caused plenty of uncertainty among banks and overseas regulators.

As the deadline loomed, US senators representing states whose banks have predominantly local operations – that is, most of them – hit the panic button. With the results of the fourth quantitative impact study showing that large banks applying the advanced internal ratings-based (IRB) approach would benefit from significant

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact info@risk.net or view our subscription options here: http://subscriptions.risk.net/subscribe

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact info@risk.net to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to Risk.net? View our subscription options

If you already have an account, please sign in here.

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Risk.net account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here