Following the June 2 mandate of dollar/rupee forwards at the Clearing Corporation of India (CCIL), cleared volumes have doubled and will rise further when trade compression is introduced, says the firm's chief risk officer (CRO).
Domestic banks in India have been voluntarily clearing foreign exchange forwards since December 2009 but the mandate to clear all tenors below 13 months has seen the whole market move to clearing forex forwards. This includes European banks which are participating
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC