Cost is not a big factor when choosing a provider of over-the-counter derivatives clearing services; clients believe they have enough collateral to cope with the new regime; the number of firms using swap futures will double over the next 12 months; and half of buy-side firms believe clearing is not a good thing for the OTC market – just some of the findings from Risk’s first OTC client clearing survey. A pdf showing full results and graphs can be found at the foot of this article.
A total of 21
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants