When the US Federal Reserve speaks, people tend to sit up and take notice. So when the central bank published a report warning about the systemic risks posed by leveraged and inverse exchange-traded funds (LETFs) earlier this year, it attracted plenty of attention in the media and among investors.
It is not the first time regulators have expressed concern about the possible systemic impact of the exchange-traded fund (ETF) sector – separate reports from the Bank for International Settlements,
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- First SOFR term rate coming in 2020