Independent index providers are hoping to grab a lucrative slice of business from European investment banks, with several dealers understood to be accelerating planned disposals of their proprietary indexing units in response to the EU's forthcoming regulation on financial benchmarks.
A slew of new rules governing the administration, governance and use of indexes – chief among them the new EU framework due to enter force in 2017 – have left banks pondering whether to outsource index calculations
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines