Banks are investigating how to create structured products linked to the volatility of emerging markets.
"We are pretty confident that in 2013 we will have a product linked to Brazilian and global emerging volatility," says Nicolas Marque, Paris-based global head of structured equity at BNP Paribas. Marque says the bank would get exposure to emerging markets volatility through options, whether listed or over the counter, and then be able to offer it to clients.
While there are products based on U
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data