An effective way of diversifying a portfolio that contains structured products would be to diversify the counterparty risk away from financial institutions, according to Stephen Black, managing director at recently launched independent wealth management company Tier One Capital, who spoke at the Structured Products UK and Europe conference in London this week. The difficulty at the moment is that the industry does not yet cater for this progression, he said.
"Presently, the zero coupon bond or
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden