The investment of time and resources by regulators into structured products has been nothing short of astounding, but, despite the progress in the creation of new rules, no progress has been made towards establishing an industry nomenclature that would provide some consistency in the understanding and presentation of the products themselves.
The lack of consistency in nomenclature across the world has been noted, though not acted upon, by the regulators, and the message from Bill Hayden, senior
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC