With the UK's Retail Prices Index (RPI) inflation measure running at 5.6%, well above the Bank of England's inflation target of 2%, recent weeks have seen Royal Bank of Scotland, Legal & General and Jubilee Financial Products all tempting investors with inflation-linked deposit bonds.
Royal Bank of Scotland has launched the UK Inflation Income Bond, which aims to generate positive real returns for investors. The value of the bond at the maturity date is linked to the change in the level of the
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB