The world’s Muslim population is projected by the International Journal of Environmental Science and Development to account for a quarter of the world’s estimated 7.8 billion people by 2020. As the population and wealth of Muslims increases, the size of the global murabaha business – a widely used cost-plus Islamic money markets structure – could grow dramatically, considering Islamic financial assets are today estimated at around $1 trillion.
That’s why the Malaysian authorities are pushing ahe
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence